The Corporate Associates Presidential Group (CAPG) is a Board-level committee established by the President of the ISSMGE to develop actions and activities to enhance the commercial sector of the ISSMGE. It provides a home and a voice within the ISSMGE for the commercial sector of the international geotechnical community.
In this 2017 – 2021 Presidential term, the CAPG is focussing on providing visible and prominent platforms to discuss and promote geotechnical engineering issues that have a significant impact on the geotechnical engineering industry. The ISSMGE Regional Conferences play a significant role in achieving this objective.
Plenary sessions have been organised for all Regional Conferences as outline below.
- XIII Australasian Conference, 1-3 April: Theme – Collaboration.
- XVII European Conference, 1-6 September: Theme – Design Implementation
- XVII African Conference, 7-9 October: Theme – Geotechnical Innovation
- XVI Asian Conference, 14 -18 October: Theme – Are we overdesigning?
- XVI Pan American Conference, 17-20 November: Theme – Geo-Education
These sessions and other pre and post conference sessions are being held around the world to start the discussion on these important issues. We encourage participants and interested parties to continue those discussions here on this platform.