Humboldt's new SmartDCP vastly improves accuracy and ease of collecting and transferring data from field to office.
SmartDCP makes collecting soil data with your Dynamic Cone Penetrometer much easier by automatically counting blows and eliminating the need for tape, pencils, paper and at times a second operator. It can be mounted to most hand held DCPs on the market and is easily operated by a single person, while it provides vastly improved accuracy and ease of collecting and transferring data from the field to the office.
The SmartDCP achieves this by:
- Automatically counting blows;
- Recording the change in depth with each blow;
- Tracking the total depth of the probe;
- Recording data on Apple iOS and Android smart devices via WIFI;
- Eliminating the need for a ruler, pencil, and paper,
- and, transferring data via e-mail or USB from the smart device
By reducing time spent doing field tests, as well as increasing accuracy and ease of transferring data and creating reports, SmartDCP users have repeatedly doubled the number of completed tests with increased accuracy when compared to the traditional manual data collection method of using a scale and paper log. View below Humboldt's video demostration on traditional vs SmartDCP method.
Make sure to check Humboldt's 2019 Soil-Field Catalag for all their new products.
Humboldt Mfg. Co.