The following applies to the PLAXIS 2D/3D/MoDeTo CONNECT Edition versions.
For information on older legacy PLAXIS versions using CodeMeter licenses (PLAXIS 2D 2019 or earlier, PLAXIS 3D 218 or earlier), please read here.
In these challenging times when COVID-19 is imposing significant disruptions to day to day activities and affecting normal business flow of our much-valued users and employees, we at Bentley are mindfully committed to ensuring a smooth transition of work from the office to a remote location or home. Our innovative software and services are all geared for working from home or remote locations and do not impose the need to be in an office set-up.
For a general overview of how this works for Bentley products refer to
To ensure a smooth transition of work and effectiveness of your daily workflows with PLAXIS, we have assembled information that you can refer to while working remotely or from home. We are working hard to deliver high levels of customer service, and welcome feedback, questions, and ideas on how we can serve you better in a remote work environment.
See here for a video showing you the steps to get started quickly.
You may decide to install the software on your home computer. If you do this, once signed in via the CONNECTION Client using your normal work email login, you will have the same licenses available as you do in the office.
There are several options to work remotely. You may decide to install the software on your home computer. See these minimum machine requirements for:
All Bentley software is downloadable via the Bentley Software Downloads pages: https://softwaredownloads.bentley.com/
Direct download links
General download and installation directions are available here.
- You need to be a CONNECTED user to download and use PLAXIS.
- During of installation of PLAXIS, the CONNECTION Client will be installed too. The Bentley CONNECTION Client is the heart of the Subscription Entitlement Service Licensing system on any workstation. This provides the mechanism for the Bentley applications to operate against your company settings.
- After initial connection, you can check out a licence to work offline, see Reserving a License
- After starting PLAXIS, make sure that you start with the correct entitlements enabled, e.g. Geotechnical SELECT Entitlements, or the PLAXIS Dynamics module. For more information, see Starting PLAXIS
Accessing Product documentation
- PLAXIS Manuals are installed with your PLAXIS application, and accessible via Help > Manuals inside the programs. See also Manuals.
- Full command line and object documentation for PLAXIS 2D and PLAXIS 3D:
via the Help menu inside the programs
see also Command line reference
- Access to the interactive Python documentation (Juptyter Notebooks) for PLAXIS 2D and PLAXIS 3D
via the Help menu inside the programs
see also Scripting interface and how to use it
- Background papers, tips & tricks, verifications and videos in the PLAXIS WIKI and MoDeTo WIKI.
Resolving licensing issues
- Licensing Wiki
- Subscription Entitlement Service
- Bentley User Registration
- Offline Usage
- How to ensure usage from only one user on a shared workstation
- How remote usage is recorded with Subscription Entitlement Service (SES)
- How to check out licenses from Entitlement Management (how to run offline)
- How to bulk checkout licenses from Entitlement Management (extended offline scenarios)
How to get help
Service Request Manager for any technical question and support.
Our technical experts are ready to help
Bentley Communities (WIKI and FORUM):
This WIKI and the Forum.
Useful articles about working remotely
- Super Evil Megacorp
- Suddenly Remote? Here's How to Regain Your Productivity in Record Time
- The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work