In these challenging times when COVID-19 is imposing significant disruptions to day to day activities and affecting normal business flow of our much-valued users and employees, we at Bentley are mindfully committed to ensuring a smooth transition of work from the office to a remote location or home. Our innovative software and services are all geared for working from home or remote locations and do not impose the need to be in an office set-up.
For a general overview of how this works for Bentley products refer to
To ensure a smooth transition of work and effectiveness of your daily workflows with SOILVISION, we have assembled information that you can refer to while working remotely or from home. We are working hard to deliver high levels of customer service, and welcome feedback, questions, and ideas on how we can serve you better in a remote work environment.
You may decide to install the software on your home computer. If you do this, once signed in via the CONNECTION Client using your normal work email login, you will have the same licenses available as you do in the office.
There are several options to work remotely. You may decide to install the software on your home computer. See these minimum machine requirements for:
SoilVision Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 8 (64-bit) or newer
- Free Disk Space: 350MB
- Graphics Card: 256MB VRAM (available display memory)
- Video Display Resolution: 1024px x 768px
- Internet connection
SoilVision Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Free Disk Space: 2.0GB (Full install including electronic manuals, help files and all example models)
- Graphics Card: 2GB VRAM (available display memory) with full support for OpenGL 3.3
- Video Display Resolution: 1920px x 1080px
- Internet connection
All Bentley software is downloadable via the Bentley Software Downloads pages: https://softwaredownloads.bentley.com
General download and installation directions are available here.
- You need to be a CONNECTED user to download and use SOILVISION.
- During of installation of SOILVISION, the CONNECTION Client will be installed too. The Bentley CONNECTION Client is the heart of the Subscription Entitlement Service Licensing system on any workstation. This provides the mechanism for the Bentley applications to operate against your company settings.
- After initial connection, you can check out a licence to work offline, see Reserving a License
- After starting SOILVISION, make sure that you start with the correct entitlements enabled, e.g. Geotechnical SELECT Entitlements.
Accessing Product documentation
- SOILVISION Manuals are installed with your SOILVISION product’s application, and accessible via Help > Manuals inside the programs. See also Manuals.
- A list of tutorials for SOILVISION Products are available here: Tutorials;
- Background papers, tips & tricks, verifications and videos are availabe in the SOILVISION WIKI.
Resolving licensing issues
- Licensing Wiki
- Subscription Entitlement Service
- Bentley User Registration
- Offline Usage
- How to ensure usage from only one user on a shared workstation
- How remote usage is recorded with Subscription Entitlement Service (SES)
- How to check out licenses from Entitlement Management (how to run offline)
- How to bulk checkout licenses from Entitlement Management (extended offline scenarios)
How to get help
Service Request Manager for any technical question and support.
Our technical experts are ready to help
Bentley Communities (WIKI and FORUM):
This WIKI and the Forum.
Useful articles about working remotely
- Super Evil Megacorp
- Suddenly Remote? Here's How to Regain Your Productivity in Record Time
- The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work