Call for Abstracts
The 10th International Conference on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics (ICPMG 2022)
The Korean Geotechnical Society (KGS) is pleased to announce that the 10th International Conference on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics (ICPMG 2022) will be held at KAIST campus in Daejeon Korea, 19 to 21 September 2022 under the auspices of Technical Committee 104 (TC104 Physical Modelling in Geotechnics) of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE). The Local Organizing Committee of ICPMG 2022 calls for abstracts and the submission system will be ready by the end of May 2021.
Since the first international conference in 1988 in Paris, it has been the greatest gathering for the physical modelling community to exchange and discuss share their knowledge and experiences among the distinguished academics, researchers, engineers and the next generation. We hope ICPMG 2022 becomes a successful event that inherits the tradition and heritage of the previous events.
- Physical modelling facilities and equipment
- Scaling principles and modelling techniques
- Instrumentations and measurements
- Soft ground and improvements
- Applications in offshore geotechnics
- Earthquake related problems
- Underground structures and pipelines
- Excavations and retaining structures
- Dams and embankments
- Other various topics related to physical modelling in geotechnics
KAIST - the gateway to advanced science and technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
KAIST is the first and top research oriented science and technology university in Korea. Since the establishment of the Geotechnical Centrifuge Testing Center in 2008, it has been one of the most productive centrifuge facilities in the world and contributed to advances in physical modelling related research in Korea. The ICPMG main events will be held in KAIST Munji Campus, a beautiful and pleasant for gathering, and some of social events as well as the centrifuge facility technical tour will be prepared in KAIST main campus.
Daejeon is the fifth largest Metropolitan City, geographically located at the heart of Korea. “Daedeok Innopolis” is a unique science cluster including over 70 world-class research institutes with more than 20,000 researchers. It is a brand new convention city equipped with a superb transportation infrastructure, state-of-the-art convention facilities, a wide selection of attractions, and accommodations.
- Abstract Submission Opening 1 June 2021
- Abstract Submission Deadline 31 July 2021
- Abstract Acceptance Notification 31 August 2021
- Manuscript Submission Deadline 31 December 2021
- Manuscript Acceptance Notification 28 February 2022
- Final Manuscript Submission 30 April 2022
- ICPMG 2022 19 September 2022
|Conference Chair||Moon-Kyung CHUNG (KICT, President of KGS)|
|Vice-Chair||Gye-Chun CHO (KAIST)|
|Jong-Sub LEE (Korea University)|
|General Secretary||Nam-Ryong KIM (K-water, TC104 Acting Chair)|
|Tae-Hyuk KWON (KAIST)|
|Heon-Joon PARK (Seoul Nat’l Univ. of Science & Technology)|
Email [email protected]
The official website for the ICPMG 2022 will be open soon.