National Building Research Organization Sri Lanka :
National Building Research Organisation (NBRO) operates under the Ministry of Irrigation and Water Resources & Disaster Management as a pioneer technical organization for building research, committed to propagating public awareness of disaster risk reduction measures, disaster risk mitigation through geotechnical applications, disaster resilient construction, etc.
I was employed as a Scientist (Engineer) at the Human Settlements Planning and Training Division of National Building Research Organisation from 26th June 2017 to 26th June 2018.
During this period I have gained research & development and work experience in the following areas,
• Disaster resilient housing construction for resettlement,
• Precast housing construction – building a model house,
• Assessment of geotechnical designs of high & midrise buildings prior to issuing a Geotechnical Clearance by NBRO,
• Development of a guideline for conducting a geotechnical investigation for design and construction of high & midrise buildings, and
• Writing technical articles for NBRO newsletters on the Geotechnical Clearance issuance processes for the construction of high & midrise buildings and on the demolition of multistoried buildings.